The following article is from Jan Markell with Olive Tree Ministries. She speaks with such wisdom regarding the uncertain times in which we live and the failure of the church to be the church. I pray you will read this and vow to be different. After all, from a Biblical perspective, we are not living in uncertain times, but in exciting, prophetic times.
So many write to me expressing shock, and even horror, at the tide of our times here in 2020. They see America crumbling under the weight of sin, debt, violence, immorality, and strong delusion. Right is wrong, black is white, evil is good, and good is evil.
We Are In the Center of the Storm
People of faith are in the bulls-eye so to speak! Churches are inconvenient. The remnant of true believers is growing smaller while the Laodicea churches are mushrooming! Many churches have not even re-opened yet, and some are saying they won’t until 2021!
Many don’t even know how to think about the future much less plan for it. People write about “uncertainty”. Will things get worse? Probably. How can we plan ahead if the turmoil is going to continue?
A Word Fitly Spoken
Then a pastor sent me this e-mail:
“We don’t live in uncertain times. Not at all! These times are as certain as any time in all of human history, and the God of the universe laid out this time in great detail, point by point, and in fact, with all the detail needed by His people, to live in times of absolute certainty! So no, there’s nothing uncertain about the times we live in to the believer who is seeking to live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”
It’s All Aligning
He is right! The Bible outlined all the “things to come” in great detail and they are shaping up:
• The global government has to form and it is in the process. All governments will become more authoritarian along the way! With the new CDC report that just 6% of Covid deaths are directly attributed to the virus, the “pandemic” was but the crisis the globalists couldn’t let go to waste.
• God is sending a final warning to a sinful world.
• For the Church, God is shaking us up, trying to wake us up so that we will look up! There is Tribulation stage-setting going on such as today’s lawlessness— a precursor of what is to come when the Church is gone.
• We are in the predicted last days’ perilous times (2 Timothy 3).
• America is going to lose international power so that the European power player can arise.
• Politics are important but they won’t save America. Government will be quite dysfunctional until Jesus rules from Jerusalem. Only a nation “under God” can be blessed and we have one political party that is at war with God. They want government to be god.
• There are terrible consequences when a nation goes astray and succumbs to a Romans 1 mentality. The Church is still here to put a lid on total chaos and some delusion as well. Just wait until we are gone.
Are the Pulpits Still Silent?
I have referenced an April LifeWay poll before but it takes on even more meaning now. It revealed that a “vast majority of pastors see end times in our current events.” Are they talking about this from their pulpits and re-assuring their people? I do not think so.
Are they sharing about our glorious future, giving assurance to people? How about talking about the “blessed hope” now that hope in the world is fading?
I am not optimistic that they are! Rather, are they telling people that they can have their best life now? Hasn’t that all been proven to be a lie? Are they giving some end-time warnings?
A whopping 97% of those polled by LifeWay Research believe Jesus Christ will literally and personally return to earth again and 55% expect Jesus to return in their lifetime. This makes for tremendous sermon material! It also calms the mind and soul in troubled times.
Pastors, please don’t be silent! Some people are losing things precious to them: businesses, jobs, even lives, or the lives of loved ones. Depression and suicides are at all-time highs.
The Most Certain Times in All of Human History!
Are they, then, re-assuring their people as my pastor friend did? Let me quote him again. He said, “We don’t live in uncertain times. Not at all! These times are as certain as any time in all of human history, and the God of the universe has laid out this time in great detail, point by point, and in fact, with all the detail needed by His people to live in times of absolute certainty.”
A secular talk show host said that “A blanket of darkness has been thrown over us.” But the believer cannot and must not think that way! An opportunity has been handed to us! Desperate people are more inclined to listen.
Things really aren’t falling apart. In fact, they are orchestrated. To suggest something is falling apart is to say they are out of God’s control. Nothing could be further from the truth as it concerns the last days. It’s just that your average Christian does not know the road map through the final days even though the Bible spends almost one-third of its pages talking about them!
In fact, everything is falling into place. Stay cool. Look up. The King is coming. It may be today! And you can’t throw a blanket of darkness over anyone with an eternal perspective.
Our Latest Posts:
470: The Theater of Your Mind
469: What’s the Point of the Lord’s Supper?
468: Following Jesus in Real-Time
467: We Are Living in Bonhoeffer’s Germany