Subscribe Where You Listen the Most
Every Good Thing Has a Potential Dark Side
With every good thing, there is always a potential dark side, or the possibility of collateral damages or unforeseen consequences that often come with it. The blessings of rain sometimes come with a flood. And pain accompanies the joy of childbirth. Or, as Newton’s law of motion states, “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.” So let me give you a few examples from last week. These are some of the recent rulings from the Supreme Court.
• June 23rd – New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruden, Superintendent of New York State Police. This, on the surface, was a victory for the Second Amendment, effectively banning Draconian laws in New York that limited the ability to receive a concealed carry permit in that state.
• June 24th – Kennedy v. Bremerton School District. This ruling was a victory for religious freedoms and the ability to pray in a school setting. It drove a small stake in the heart of those who claim the separation of church and state is enshrined in the Constitution, which it is not.
• June 24th – Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. In this controversial ruling, the Supreme Court ended the federal protection and sanction of abortion rights granted in Roe v. Wade back in 1973, and now placed the legality and regulation of abortion back on the shoulder of each state, where it should be. For the Pro-Life movement, this was their greatest victory in sixty years.
• June 30th – West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency. In this ruling, the Supreme Court cut away at some of the power and authority assumed by the three letter agencies within our government, EPA, CIA, FBI, IRS, CDC, NSA, DHS, etc., and returned their usurped power back to the legislative branch and our elected officials. This was a victory for economic freedom and small businesses across America.
So that’s the good news. Now for the rest of the story, the “equal and opposite reaction.”
What Do I Believe About the Future of America and the Church?
Our enemy is now enraged. That’s right, Christians are being called the new Taliban by members of congress, and the media is portraying us as bigoted insurrectionists who are the biggest threat to our democracy and the future of America. Yep, the enemy is you and me. And this is only the beginning.
On January 13, 2021, we asked the following question: What do I believe? And what am I willing to do about what I believe? We put it this way:
• What am I willing to die for?
• What is the mission and calling of my life?
• What means the most to me?
• And what truth will I not compromise on?
The purpose of that message was to encourage you to define what matters most to you and what you see the next few years looking like and plan accordingly, especially spiritually. It was a call to become a faith prepper.
I shared then what I believed the future looked like and have tried to funnel every decision over the last eighteen months through that grid. This is what I shared on Sunday, January 13, 2021.
• I believe we are entering the end times.
• I believe things will get very bad in the US over the next two years.
• I believe inflation is a certainty.
• I believe there will be shortages of food, gas, etc.
• I believe we will face persecution as Christians.
• I believe there is a great possibility of civil war.
• And I believe we must prepare spiritually right now!
And since I believe these things, I will once again implore you, as the church, the Bride of Christ, to consider a deeper commitment to Him than ever before. In 2021 (now, July 4th, 2022), consider following Him this way:
• Consider opening your home for Bible study this year.
• Consider getting together with others for Bible study, fellowship, and prayer.
• Consider creative ways to teach your children about the “exceeding riches of His grace” in Christ.
• And, if you don’t feel compelled to “Go” for the gospel, then consider bringing the lost to you (both home and church) to make disciples of them.
And the time for His return and the increasing chaos that comes with it is only closer now than it was in 2021. More than ever, we need to revisit these truths, only this time, take them seriously. Look at the list above. Have things grown worse in our nation over the last two years? Are we experiencing inflation and shortages? Are Christians now feeling the pains of persecution? Absolutely. What’s next? Possible civil war? Who knows?
What do you believe? And what are you not willing to compromise on?
These are vital questions for the church today, but also for you and your family as we see the judgment of the Lord looming over our land. Join us today as we talk more about what it means, on a practical level, to truly believe the Lord is coming soon and how to prepare to meet Him in the air.